|The Weather Channel's forecast map|
We tried making our escape yesterday afternoon in what was forecast to be a small weather window opening. Unfortunately, the 10 to 15 knot winds were actually 25 to 30. The seas were rough and we hadn't even made it past the Port Royal Sound. We quickly decided that it wasn't worth getting beat up and made our way back to the marina.
|The National Weather Service forecast map.|
|Not much different a couple days later.|
Today the wind has died down, but thunderstorms and rough seas are forecast for the next few days. So, maybe we will spend a little more time here and see if we can find the appeal of this area.