I've done my best to get some work done in between the worst of it, but it continues to be slow. After attaching the foam and channel to the top, I hand-sanded the foam so it matched the curve of the PVC post and would allow the heavy fiberglass fabric to curve around the edges. I'm using the heavy 1708 fabric to cover as much of the structure as I can since it creates a strong laminate without too much bulk.
On one day I cut a couple small pieces of cloth to glass in part of the structural beams and wire chases. Just as I added the catalyst to the resin and started mixing, the rain came. I managed to get them done without getting anything wet, but cutting any more cloth or trying to do any more work would likely result in water contamination.
Today we got one more piece in place and then it started to rain again. So, at this point, we have the beams and chases about 70% glassed in place.
|The shaped partially glassed beams hiding from the rain under the tent.|