Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cruising Thru Research

Sitting on the deck of the boat with a margarita in hand working on your tan...that's the life, right?

I think reality may be more along the sentiment I've seen several places that cruising is the art of fixing your boat in exotic locations.  Fortunately I'm reasonably mechanically inclined so I hope that will serve me well.

Eventually I intend to create a research page, but for now I thought I'd start with a few links that I've found helpful in learning about cruising and living aboard in hopes it may help others that may follow...

Confessions of a Long Distance Sailor - Free online ebook.  Older story, a good read.
The Cruising Life - Essay from a cruising couple.
Cruising Life - Another essay from another couple.
Youtube Videos - Because you can find everything on Youtube.

The one thing that worries me a bit is that it seems that of the people that have tried this (that I've found so far), many seem to have only lasted between 3 and 5 years.  Still looking for an example of 20+ years.

No comments:

Post a Comment