Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Working On That Work-Fun Balance Thing

If you look back through a lot of my posts you see a lot of working on the boat and less of the having fun with the boat.  Recently we've been trying to get some balance restored in that area.  Are there things to fix on the boat...absolutely.  More than I'd like to admit.  But the sanity of the crew of s/v Rover has been in the need of a little repair too.  Since we had a rental car while ours was in the shop having the damage done in Southport fixed, we decided a little road trip was in order.

We decided to take a trip a bit south to see the Canaveral National Seashore.  This is a national park on the space coast that asks visitors to come see the "real Florida" the way it was before the invasion of the high rise condos and resorts.

We drove down to the northern half of the park that is accessible just south of New Smyrna Beach and spent the day exploring and hanging out at the beach. I even dusted off my old Nikon and took a few pictures...

Central Florida seashore without a condo in sight.

Ok...there are some...but they are off in the distance.

I think the Kennedy Space Center is that-a-way...somewhere.

Definitely not a hotel lobby here.

And this isn't a tourist.  Almost ran face first into this little guy suspended
across the path.
The park is on a barrier island. This is the river side.
Seems like a nice place for a kayak ride.
Another one of the local residents.


2 comments:

  1. I totally hear you. We call it the "suck to fun" ratio. After months in the boatyard, I think we both need a season of fun to get back to 1:1. Not sure if 1:1 is even realistic when cruising! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've heard it called that...know the ZTC crew used to use that term. I think you may be right that 1:1 isn't realistic...I'm just looking for something better than 6:1.

      Delete